The drinks that are more popular than beer are tea and water. Many people drink beer because it lessens stress, augments blood flow, maintains the memory power of the brain, prevents stroke, and fends off gallstones. It is also patronized by men and women because it is beneficial to the heart, full of fiber that aids in bowel movement, full of multi-vitamins, healthy for the liver, and a cure for insomnia. What separates it from all alcohol-based drinks is its refreshing and powerful impact in quenching thirst! Another is that great feeling that comes after gulping a bottle or mug of it. It is a dream of every beer drinker to design and brew his own beer that could be shared with colleagues, friends, and family or be enjoyed in solitude. The magic and beauty of brewing your perfect beer does not only depend on the processes that you will perform but also on the beer brewing supplies that you will peruse.
Beer in the Earlier History of Men and Women
It is very fascinating to know that the same drink was brewed by Sumerians thousands of years ago. The Gilgamesh Epic, which is a remnant of the Ancient Mesopotamia, tells of how men of wars drank beer at the end of their battles. The Hammurabi Code, which is considered as the first written law that humans created, even spoke of beer ration. In Ancient Egyptian civilization, pharaohs and members of the royal family used to drink beer in the evening. In medieval times, alewives brewed beer using homegrown and homemade beer brewing supplies that were brought by knights to foreign lands along with their breads.
Interesting Beer Myths That Must Be Unlearned
Just like Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison of the Doors, and Adolf Hitler, beer is surrounded with myths that must be examined and unlearned. Some of these untruthful myths about it and beer brewing supplies are:
▪ Drink light beer to prevent a paunch. What is true is when you drink more than you should, you get to have a paunch, light beer or not.
▪ Returning an unopened bottle of beer to the refrigerator after exposing it to room temperature damages its taste. What is true is when you expose beer to light and air by not consuming after removing the bottle cap damages it.
▪ Better beer is not bitter. What is true is hops, which are used as preservatives, create the bitter taste. The more bitter beer is the longer is its shelf life.
▪ Green bottles are best for beer. What is true is a brown bottle that prevents light from penetrating its surface is best for beer.
▪ Beer is only for men not for women. What is true is it is well-liked both by men and women. It is a very sexist notion that it is very inappropriate for women to drink beer.
The Secrets to a Magical Brew
You can never make a diamond necklace out of the pieces of a broken glass as much as you could never create a masterpiece such as the Mona Lisa because you are not da Vinci. The secrets to the perfect homebred beer are in the beer brewing supplies and how well you do the processes. Go online for The Grape and Granary to find the best available beer brewing supplies in the market.